Drill Press Swaging Tool Operating Instructions
- Install roller fixture into chuck.
- Adjust spindle speed - recommend approximately 100 rpm for initial pieces.
Note: This can later be increased up to 250 rpm, once operator proficiency has been developed.
- Guide bars or fixtures can be used to position the locating fixtures for repetitive swaging.
- Insert bearing into housing.
- Position locating fixture (using the fixture with flat surface "primary" for first swage) in bearing bore.
- With the housing and bearing and locating fixture positioned under roller fixture slowly lower the spindle — ensure roller fixture bushing is piloted into the bearing bore.
- Utilize light pressure for initial revolutions to allow rollers to center in bearing groove.
- Apply normal arm pressure and maintain swaging tool engagement for approximately 5 seconds.
- Release pressure and remove tool from bearing/housing sub-assembly.
- Turn sub-assembly over and repeat steps 2 thru 6 to complete swaging on opposite side (using angled surface locating fixture "secondary" for this operation).